SPEAK TO US NOW ON 0121 8276 446 OR REQUEST A CALL BACK
Damage caused to the eye by a negligent optician can be life-changing
If you have been left with an eye injury or eye damage due to the negligence of an optician, then you may be entitled to claim compensation. Visiting an optician for an appointment or procedure should be fairly simple, and you would not expect to have to suffer due to their negligence.
If our ability to see is affected or taken away, the consequences it has on our life can be devastating. It can have an impact on our every day and common things such as working, driving, sports and being mobile can be severely affected.
If you have had to suffer due to the negligence of an optician, call us today on 0121 8276 446 to speak to one of our advisors.
Types of optician negligence
Your optician has a duty of care towards you. If you have suffered an error, or a below standard level of care from an optician during treatment, then you may be entitled to compensation.
Some of the errors that can occur are:-
- Negligent treatment- if level of treatment was below the acceptable standard, an error was made, or a previous injury has been aggravated.
- Misdiagnosis- you may have been told you have the wrong condition, and treatment or medication could have been provided for the wrong condition.
- Not diagnosing an eye problem- this can affect or restrict your vision, leading to further issues.
If you don’t see your incident in the above list, don’t worry. You may still be entitled to claim compensation if neglect has taken place.
Laser eye surgery errors
If laser eye surgery is carried out incorrectly, then your sight can be severely affected. It can cause your sight to become weaker at night, which is dangerous while driving. Your optician has to explain all the risks to you before the procedure goes ahead.
Laser eye surgery has now become a very common thing, and the procedure will usually be complete perfectly.
However, if you have suffered due to the neglect of an optician and would like to know more about claiming compensation, then call us today on 0121 8276 446 to speak to one of our specialist advisors.
How compensation can help?
The solicitors on our panel will work to ensure you receive the compensation and justice that you deserve. As well as claiming the costs for the physical injury and the mental trauma you have had to endure, you may also be entitled to claim for:-
- Loss of earning if you have had to take time off work.
- Any expenses you have had to endure due to travelling to appointments related to the injury.
- Any medication or further treatment costs you have had to endure.
A few other things your solicitor will take into account are:-
- The effect it has had on your relationship with the people around you
- The effect it has had on your daily life, including hobbies
- How it has had an effect on your career
To start your claim, call us today on 0121 8276 446, or fill our contact form in and one of our advisors will call you back at a time that is convenient for you.
Suite 14, 94-96 Bell Lane, Marston Green, B33 0HX
0121 8276 446